Friday, January 16, 2015

A few more kits on hand

I recently acquired a few more kits to keep me going, as well as some more paints and a few new brushes. My wife also got me a new airbrush for Christmas, something I've been needing for a while now.

The first kit is the Tamiya 1/35 Tiger I Initial Production:


 This kit was purchased for a SIG build on the International Scale Modeller forums. This is an out of the box build as I just didn't have the money to get any PE or resin upgrades. Oddly enough it's the first Tiger I've ever built even though I've been a model builder over half my life.

Next up is the Revel 1/32 Spitfire Mk IIa in the new tooling:


This kit was also purchased for a buddy build on the ISM forums. Again a pretty much out-of-the-box build although I will make what upgrades/corrections I can as I go along and with materials on hand. Since this buddy build lasts all year I may break down and get some resin upgrades if money will allow.

The last new kit is one I've been after for quite a while now, the AMT 1/25 Kenworth K-123 Cabover:


This is a more personal project, although I may also enter it in an upcoming group build. My uncle drove a truck like this from the late 1960s/early 1970s until he retired. He was an owner/operator and leased it to C&H Transportation of Dallas, Texas for his entire driving career. My uncle was a Marine in WWII and had some severe PTSD (although it wasn't called that back then) issues after the war. He started long-haul truck driving as a form of therapy and stayed with it from very shortly after coming home. I think finally being able to buy his own truck was one of the proudest days of his life. I plan to build this kit and finish it to resemble his truck. My cousins are going to go through their photo albums for pictures of my uncle and his truck to assist me. It's builds like this that bring something a bit extra-special into the hobby for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment