Thursday, July 3, 2014

Tamiya Steyr 1500a/01

I've had this kit for many years but only finished it last night. When my brother passed away in 2006 I flew back to Texas to help my father with the burial. While we were going through my brother's stuff I found this kit, still in the shrink wrap, and decided to take it home with me. I held onto it for a few years before I did anything with it because of a couple of moves and a lack of someplace safe to display it. A couple of years ago I finally started working on it, doing a bit here, a bit there and then putting it away again. A few weeks ago I decided it was time to get it finished. Here's the result:


It took me longer than normal to build because I just can't work on models as much as I used to due to arthritis and other health issues that limit my time at the bench. There are a lot of fine details on this kit that really put my abilities to the test. Fortunately Tamiya engineers a superb kit which makes it easy to do a good job. There was only one bit of trouble along the way when the mirror got broken off, but all is well. I'm not going to say it's my best effort ever, far from it really, but I'm happy with it. Besides, I'm hesitant to do anything more for fear of causing more damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment